EA has updated its online services page with a number of new titles that will be losing their online features pretty soon. They include two classic Command & Conquer titles, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PS3, Xbox 360) and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Xbox 360), both of which will have their online services shut down in November, as well as Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PS3, Xbox 360), Pandemic Studios’ open-world shooter. Mirror’s Edge, the first installment of DICE’s first-person platforming game, is also losing its online features in January 2023.
October 20, 2022
- Army of Two: The 40th Day
- Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel
- Dragon Age Origins – MP Screenshots Server
November 9, 2022
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars for Xbox 360 (including Kane’s Wrath expansion)
- Mercenaries 2 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
November 30, 2022
December 15, 2022
- Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings for Luna+
- Super Mega Baseball 3 for Luna+
January 19, 2023
- Gatling Gears
- Mirror’s Edge
- NBA Jam On Fire Edition
- Shank 2
In more positive EA news, The Sims 4 officially went free-to-play today, allowing anyone to check out the fourth mainline installment of Maxis’ life simulation series at no cost. It is available on PC via the new EA app or Origin, Mac via Origin, Steam, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems.
EA Play and EA Play Pro members will receive an upgraded experience when member-only bundles of The Sims 4 go into The Play List on October 18. The Sims 4 EA Play Edition includes The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack, while the EA Play Pro Edition includes both The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack and The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff Pack.