NACON has launched two new models of its Daija arcade sticks that are officially licensed by Sony Interactive Entertainment and Xbox, built with high-quality and fully customizable components. Developed in partnership with professional gamer, TV host, and esports specialist Marie-Laure “Kayane” Norindr, the new sticks feature an improved design built for competitive gamers, including a revised button placement for better ergonomics, a new side button lock system that prevents accidental button presses, a new arcade stick opening system, and other improvements. NACON’s DAIJA arcade sticks are available beginning today at a recommended retail price of €299 and €279.90 on nacongaming.com.
- Buttons ideally placed to leave ample room for the left wrist
- New side button lock system, which prevents accidental button presses that can pause games:
- “options” button, “create” button and “PS button” on the PlayStation version
- “Menu button”, “View button”, “Share button” and “Xbox button” on the Xbox version
- New profile selection option
- New player position LED light on the PlayStation version
- New Arcade Stick opening system directly integrated into the case
- New covering under the Arcade Stick: more flexible with improved grip for better stability
- All the classic PlayStation and Xbox controller buttons built into the DAIJA Arcade Stick
- Textured palm rest
- Platform selection system
- PS4 / PS5 / PC
- Xbox Series X|S / Xbox One / PC
- Stick functionality configuration (left/right or directional buttons) based on requirements
- Weight: approx. 3.5kg
- Dimensions: 435x295x159mm
- Two stick types (ball top and bat top)
- Three faceplate designs. Users can also create their own designs using the downloadable template on www.nacongaming.com
- Two tools to customize the Arcade Stick
- Two storage compartments for the tools
- Secure storage for the 3m detachable USB-C cable
- Available for Xbox (on PC and Xbox)
- Available for PlayStation (on PC and Mac)
- Arcade Stick updates
- Button mapping: up to four different profiles per platform (Xbox, PlayStation, and PC). Users can therefore have a dedicated profile for each fighting game
“Having the chance to continue collaborating with Kayane for these new Arcade Sticks is a real asset for NACON. She is an amazing player who truly understands what gamers expect in the fighting game genre,” said Yannick Allaert, Group Director – Accessories Division at NACON. “Her expertise and insightful feedback helped us to develop a very high-quality product together, which will ultimately improve the gaming experience.”
From a NACON press release:
NACON, a major player in video game publishing and designer of premium gaming accessories, is delighted to announce the launch of two new DAIJA Arcade Sticks for the latest generation of consoles. To develop the new products, which are officially licensed by PlayStation® (for PS4™, PS5™) and Xbox (for Xbox Series X|S and PC), the various teams at NACON collaborated once again with Marie-Laure “Kayane” Norindr, an eSports champion specializing in the fighting game genre. The improvements made for this new version push the boundaries of performance and comfort to meet the requirements of demanding gamers.
The first DAIJA was developed in 2018 with valuable input from Kayane. With her help again and drawing from player feedback, NACON has made significant upgrades to the new version of the DAIJA Arcade Stick. The placement of the buttons, space for hands and overall ergonomics have been carefully considered for maximum comfort.
Like the previous version, NACON has used SANWA components, which are favoured by many professional players for their high quality and flexible customization options. The Arcade Stick is also fully compatible with Seimitsu parts, which provides even more customization possibilities and was highly requested by gamers.