CD PROJEKT RED has confirmed many of the key features that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt fans can expect in the RPG’s new next-gen update, which will be released for the PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S on December 14, 2022.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s next-gen update will include support for newer upscaling technologies in the form of AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 and NVIDIA DLSS 3 on PC, according to a summary of features that was initially shared by CD PROJEKT RED during its REDstreams event today:
- Improved visuals
- Ray Tracing, improved Screen Space Reflections, improved foliage, better textures and more visual improvements are coming to the game. Enjoy them to the fullest thanks to FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3 support!
- Camera, controls and UI changes
- Rediscover the Continent from a new perspective — we’ve added an alternative camera option that’ll bring you closer to the action. Combined with the alternative Quick Sign Casting option, map filtering and the option to dynamically hide the minimap, it will make exploration even more exciting than before!
- Photo mode
- Capture the moment with the added photo mode! Does that mean there will be a The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt photo mode contest in the near future? Maybe.
- Integrated mods
- We’ve included some community-made favourites in addition to our own modifications.
- Quest fixes
- You’ve been asking for them — and we couldn’t say no! The next-gen update has also been an opportunity to revisit some of the issues in the quests. The free next-gen update brings fixes to From Ofier’s Distant Shores, Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear and more!
- Netflix DLC
- We have a very special treat for all of the fans of the Netflix show! Enjoy alternative looks for Dandelion and Nilfgaardian soldiers, as well as a new quest, inspired by the show, where you’ll be able to get diagrams for new equipment for Geralt. What’s the quest? Shhh! No spoilers!
- A feature you know from Cyberpunk 2077 — play the game how you like, wherever you like and carry over your latest save between platforms.
CD PROJEKT RED goes on to clarify that the next-gen update will include even more features, writing that this is just “a taste” and that it’ll be posting what is presumably a full list of changes for the update closer to its release.
CD PROJEKT RED clarified in a previous post that while The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s next-gen update is free to anyone who owns the game, it’ll also be available in other ways:
The next-gen update is free for everyone who already owns any version of the game. For those who don’t have the game yet, a dedicated next-gen version, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition, featuring all enhancements, free DLCs and story expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, will be available for purchase digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a physical release at a later date.
The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will also receive an update featuring numerous additions and improvements, as well as the Netflix Witcher-themed DLCs.