NVIDIA has announced GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops, featuring new GeForce RTX 40 Series laptop GPUs in the form of the GeForce RTX 4050, GeForce RTX 4060, GeForce RTX 4070, GeForce RTX 4080, and GeForce RTX 4090, a flagship laptop GPU based on the Ada Lovelace architecture with 9,728 CUDA cores, 16 GB of GDDR6 memory, and boost clocks of up to 2,040 MHz.
Available beginning in February, GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops feature fifth-generation Max-Q technologies that radically enhances efficiency and accelerates gaming performance, according to NVIDIA, including DLSS 3 optimizations:
- NVIDIA DLSS 3 has been optimized for laptops and built into Max-Q technologies, including Whispermode and BatteryBoost, which improve performance, acoustics and battery life by up to 2x.
- The lowest voltage GDDR6 memory ever, shipped in partnership with leading manufacturers.
- Tri-speed memory control enables the GPU to switch to newer, lower-power memory states dynamically.
- Ada’s on-chip memory has been optimized for Max-Q, doubling the bandwidth, increasing the size by 16x and improving clock gating.
“With the Ada architecture, we set out to transform the performance and power efficiency of gaming and creator laptops,” said Jeff Fisher, senior vice president of the GeForce business at NVIDIA. “The new RTX 40 Series delivers enthusiast-class performance in laptops as slim as 14 inches, a new milestone.”
NVIDIA on its flagship GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops:
- GeForce RTX 4090/4080
- 60 FPS surround gaming – 3x 4K
- 3D collaboration at 4K60 in Omniverse
- 2X faster video export
- Starting at $1,999
NVIDIA on its GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops:
- GeForce RTX 4070/4060/4050
- RTX 3080 at 1/3rd the power
- 80 FPS 1440p Ultra
- 2.5 hour render in 10 minutes
- Starting at $999
Flagship GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops will be available beginning February 8 from various manufacturers (i.e., Acer, Alienware, ASUS, Dell, GIGABYTE, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, and Samsung), as well as from local makers and system builders, including CyberPower PC, Eluktronics, Hasee, PC Specialist 3XS by Scan, and Schenker, with more coming in Q1.
GeForce RTX 4070/4060/4050 laptops will be available starting February 22.