PowerWash Simulator is a game from FuturLab Limited and Square Enix that tasks players with washing houses and all manners of items with high-pressure water. According to a new trailer that the developer shared today, the game will be getting a surprising addition later this month in the form of the Tomb Raider Special Pack, an addon that comprises a new mini campaign and five new levels, including Croft Manor—Lara Croft’s home. The Tomb Raider Special Pack is launching for all platforms on January 31, a date that coincides with the release of PowerWash Simulator’s PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch versions.
“Creating the TOMB RAIDER Special Pack has been an honour and a fantastic experience” said Dan Chequer, Lead Designer at FuturLab. “We can’t wait for players to get up close and personal with Croft Manor and explore its many secrets!”
“What Tomb Raider fan hasn’t explored Croft Manor and thought ‘Winston could really use some help with these grounds! I would love to power wash this place!’?” asked Dallas Dickinson, Franchise General Manager for TOMB RAIDER at Crystal Dynamics. “Now, with the help of Square Enix Collective and FuturLab that’s not only possible, but immensely satisfying as well.”
“We know the community wants more to clean, and I’m delighted we’re able to kick off our post-release plans in style with this TOMB RAIDER collaboration,” added Phil Elliott, studio head at Square Enix Collective. “We’ve had so much great support from players, press and content creators, and we wanted to do something special to say thank you!”
From a Steam FAQ:
- Is the Tomb Raider Special Pack Free?
- It will be available to all owners of PowerWash Simulator without purchase.
- What time does the update release?
- 9AM EST / 12PM PST / 5PM GMT
- How will I get the Tomb Raider Special Pack?
- You can access it in-game when it is live in the new Specials section of the main menu. It should be automatically activated; if not, it will link you to the store page to do so manually.
- Will there be other changes and tweaks?
- Yes, we’ll release a more detailed list at launch.
- Where are the Research Edition Rewards
- We plan on releasing them with this new patch.
- How will multiplayer work with new platforms?
- PWS also launches on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4/5 on January 31st. There is no crossplay with these new platforms. However, crossplay between Xbox, Windows PC, and Steam players will still be available.
PowerWash Simulator is currently available to purchase from Steam for $24.99. Originally launched as an Early Access title, the game has since received positive reviews from players, some of whom have called the experience relaxing. FuturLab’s previous projects include an expansion for PC Building Simulator.