It’s officially a wrap for 2020’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. After more than two years of updates, Ubisoft released a final patch (1.7.0) for its open-world Viking adventure today, one that weighs in at 6.3 GB for PC users and features no additional content but a number of fixes for existing issues, including missing items, graphics problems (e.g., clipping), and the inability to pick up certain quest items when Eivor’s auto-pickup skill is enabled. It’s unclear if Eivor will return in a future Assassin’s Creed title, but the franchise is set to expand this year with the release of Assassin’s Creed Mirage, a new mainline installment that traces the earlier adventures of Basim, the Assassin who gifts Eivor their Assassin’s Blade during the early chapters of Valhalla but later comes to odds against the Viking protagonist.
From an Ubisoft post:
- Xbox Series X|S: 15.1 GB
- Xbox One: 9.9 GB
- PlayStation 5: 0.5 GB
- PlayStation 4: 1.6 GB
- PC: 6.3 GB
BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- The Captain at Katzenelnbogen isn’t counted when the kill is confirmed.
- Resolved most of the rare instances where Light-Fingered skill prevented the pickup of key items.
- Eivor’s hair can clip through the hood after completing an Animus Anomaly.
ARMORY & INVENTORY
- Previously purchased items are missing from player inventory.
- The Raven Clan Crew outfit cannot be enhanced or upgraded to a higher quality.
- The total number of Opals in the inventory doesn’t update when picking up an Opal in the world.
- Resolved the error that occurs when trying to claim the Weekly Free Item.
- Gear packs still appear in the store when the content of the pack is already owned.
- Items incorrectly appear as owned in some situations.
- Korean language cannot be applied via Steam Language tab.
- It is possible to lose Helix Credits when purchasing the Twilight Set if 5/5 pieces of gear are already owned.
- Issues with pricing of Helix Store items when redeeming pieces of a full set.
- On Xbox, when buying Helix Credits through the store, they are not correctly added to the player inventory.
- In-game pop-ups no longer appear for Shared History and The Last Chapter when launching into the game.