Stellantis has unveiled the 2025 Ram 1500 REV, Ram’s first battery-electric light-duty pickup truck, and it’s got some pretty exciting specs. According to a press release that was shared following its introduction at the New York International Auto Show, the Ram 1500 REV features not only a 14,000-lb. towing capacity and support for payloads of up to 2,700 lbs., but also the ability to travel up to 500 miles on a single charge thanks to an optional 229 kilowatt-hour large battery pack. Ford’s 2023 F-150 Lightning features a range of up to 320 miles per charge, while the Tesla Cybertruck is expected to feature a similar, 500-mile range whenever it finally releases.
“The all-electric Ram 1500 REV is a monumental milestone on our continued journey to offer the industry’s best electrified solutions and further fortifies our award-winning lineup,” said Mike Koval Jr., Ram brand CEO – Stellantis. “We believe in bringing the right range of powertrain solutions to our customers and will continue to redefine the pickup truck segment. Our all-new Ram 1500 REV pushes past the competition in areas customers care about most including range, towing, payload and charge time.”
2025 Ram 1500 REV Details
- All-electric, zero-emission Ram 1500 REV to be offered in two choices:
- Standard 168 kilowatt-hour battery pack with a targeted range of up to 350 miles
- Optional 229 kilowatt-hour large battery pack with a targeted range of up to an unsurpassed 500 miles
- Capable of towing up to 14,000 lbs. and payload of up to 2,700 lbs.
- Ram 1500 REV can add up to 110 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes with 800-volt DC fast charging at up to 350 kW
- Ram 1500 REV XR with class-shattering range to follow
- Built on new STLA Frame body-on-frame architecture designed specifically for full-size electric vehicles featuring a body-on-frame design that incorporates the battery pack efficiently
- New powered frunk offers best-in-class 15 cu.-ft. of storage
- Ram 1500 REV Tungsten trim sits atop the lineup and raises the no-compromise benchmark again for upscale pickup trucks with new, ultra-premium 23-speaker Klipsch audio system
- Ram 1500 REV launch is a critical step in the electrification strategy outlined in the Stellantis long-term strategic plan, Dare Forward 2030
From a Stellantis press release:
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV will offer customers two all-electric options including a standard 168 kilowatt-hour battery pack with a targeted range of up to 350 miles and an optional 229 kilowatt-hour large battery pack with a targeted range of up to an unsurpassed 500 miles. Both can add up to 110 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes with 800-volt DC fast charging at up to 350 kW offering customers quick and convenient charging solutions.
Vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-home and vehicle-to-grid bi-directional charging affords the Ram 1500 REV the flexibility to charge another Stellantis battery-electric vehicle or provide power back to the grid. With Ram’s mission to make lives easier, the truck can also send power to a home during a storm, run the tailgate party or provide power at the camp or jobsite. An on-board power panel in the bed can provide up to 7.2 kW while an available on-board power panel in the frunk provides up to 3.6 kW.
Other targeted performance figures include a 0-60 mph time of 4.4 seconds, 654 horsepower and 620 lb.-ft. of torque, up to 24 inches of water fording, up to 14,000 pounds towing and a maximum payload capacity of 2,700 pounds.
Ram is committed to innovation and powertrain leadership with a lineup that consists of anything and everything truck buyers want and need, meeting real-world demands. Today, Ram offers the most fuel-efficient 4x4s and the quickest, fastest and most powerful pickup truck straight from the factory.
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV is available in five trims including Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Limited and, introducing an all-new trim, Tungsten.
Ram 1500 REV is part of Ram’s significant contribution to Stellantis’ Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan to lead the way the world moves by delivering innovative, clean, safe and affordable mobility solutions. As part of Dare Forward 2030, Stellantis is investing more than €30 billion through 2025 in electrification and software to delivery battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) that meet customer demands.
The all-new Ram 1500 REV XR with class-shattering range will follow the introduction of the all-electric Ram 1500 REV.