Sony Electronics has announced that the HT-AX7 is now available for pre-order at electronics.sony.com for $499.99. This is a portable theater system for delivering immersive spatial sound to any room, comprising three speakers that the user simply needs to put around their environment. The HT-AX7 also features Sony’s 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology for creating phantom speakers and an upmixer algorithm that can turn normal stereo into 3D surround sound.
Sony Electronics HT-AX7 Portable Theater System Features
- 360 Spatial Sound Mapping immerses you in spatial sound by placing speakers all around
- Sound Field effect is off, place the three speakers in the corner of your room and the HT-AX7 will create the perfect atmosphere with high-quality, room-filling sound.
- Design and Audio in harmony. No wires to disrupt your layout. Perfect addition to any home and seamlessly blends in with any interior
- Small in size, big in performance. The HT-AX7 has two front speakers and two passive radiators on the side. The front speakers are powered by X-Balanced Speakers Units that give a powerful and clean sound.
- Environment in mind. Sony’s home audio products are designed not only for their excellent sound but also with the environment in mind. We are committed to using less virgin plastic in our products and packing
- No fuss, all fun. Get started with your HT-AX7 in no time using the Sony Home Entertain Connect App. Simply download the app and let it guide you through the initial settings and troubleshoot. You will have complete control over the sound field, volume and more from your smart phone.
- Seamless Connectivity with Bluetooth technology connecting to the HT-AX7 to your device is easy. The wireless rear speakers are automatically paired to the main unit, so simply place the speakers around your room and press play to get immersed!
Cinematic Sound Anywhere
Immerse in a surround-sound experience with Sony’s 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology. 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology creates multiple phantom speakers at the front, rear, and overhead, enveloping a spatial sound in a bubble-like sphere. Experience a surround sound sensation by simply placing three speakers around the room, without the need for special installation.
The HT-AX7 also features Sony’s upmixer algorithm which can transform stereo into three-dimensional surround sound. The upmixer analyzes sound in real-time and separates individual sound objects, redistributing them to create a more immersive listening experience. Activate the sound-field effect to experience a surround sound-like effect with 2-channel content. When the sound field is off, place the three speakers in the corners of your room and the HT-AX7 will create the perfect atmosphere with a high-quality, room-filling sound.
Easy to Use
The HT-AX7 does not require any special installation. Simply position the three speakers around a room and experience room-filling sound that enhances everyday activities. With complete wireless connectivity and automatic pairing between the rear speakers and main unit there is no need to worry about complicated layouts or additional pairing.
Setting up the HT-AX7 is easier than ever with the Sony | Home Entertainment Connect app. Once the app is downloaded, users will be guided through the initial setup to enable complete control over volume, sound field, and more.
With up to 30 hours of battery life and a quick charging feature that gives up to 2.5 hours of play with a 10-minute charge, there will be no worry about running out of power when moving room to room. Unlike traditional home theatre systems that require connection to a TV, the HT-AX7’s portable design allows content to be enjoyed in a whole new way through Bluetooth-enabled devices.
The HT-AX7’s wireless, sleek and versatile design blends seamlessly with interior decor for a stylish and cohesive look. The lightweight design of the detachable rear speakers combined with the one-handed portability of the unit can be conveniently placed throughout the home.
Environment in mind
Sony’s home audio products are designed not only for an excellent sound experience but also with the environment in mind. Sony is committed to using less plastic in its products and packaging and uses a fabric material made from 100% recycled PET bottles and incorporates recycled plastics5 in the HT-AX7 packaging. The individual packaging features Sony’s proprietary Original Blended Material6, which is derived from bamboo, sugarcane, and recycled paper collected from the market has allowed the elimination of plastic use in packaging.