Nobody likes dealing with multiple launchers for a single game, but at least they’ll be consistent. According to a patent filed by EA on Tuesday, Origin will work in tandem with Steam in a manner similar to Ubisoft’s Uplay. That is, expect cross-save and cross-progression, which will allow EA to track user activity on both platforms.
EA will keep track of “revenue generated, virtual currency bought or sold, time logged into online game, time logged into the first online platform (Origin), or number of friends or associates on the first (Origin) and second (Steam) online platform.”
- TEAMGROUP Announces T-FORCE and T-CREATE Product Launch Event for September
- GIGABYTE Lists GeForce RTX 3090 with Blower Design
- Cyberpunk 2077 PC System Requirements Revealed
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Only 19 Percent Faster than RTX 3080, According to Leaked 3DMark Scores
- PlayStation Boss Calls Xbox Series S “Problematic”