If 4 TB of speedy NVMe storage isn’t enough for you, Sabrent’s latest drive should be right up your alley. The company has unveiled a new ROCKET Q NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD SKU that offers a whopping 8 TB of storage. While the product page doesn’t list its speeds, we can presume that it’ll be equally as capable as its 4 TB counterpart, which offers max sequential 3,400 MB/s reads and 3,000 MB/s writes.
“The Sabrent 8TB ROCKET Q NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High-Performance Solid State Drive (SB-RKTQ-8TB) delivers all the advantages of flash disk technology with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and it is fully compliant with the standard Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF), commonly-known as M.2,” wrote Sabrent.
“Power consumption is much lower than traditional hard drives, making it the best-embedded solution for new systems.”
• M.2 PCIe Gen3 x 4 Interface.
• PCIe 3.1 Compliant / NVMe 1.3 Compliant.
• Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1.2.
• Supports SMART and TRIM commands. Supports ONFi 2.3, ONFi 3.0, ONFi 3.2 and ONFi 4.0 interface.
• Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, and Over-Provision.
• All Sabrent SSDs come with FREE Sabrent Acronis True Image for Sabrent Software for easy Cloning, For more information please visit our website.
Pricing and availability are also unknown, but the cost will probably be frightening. That’s because the 4 TB model already costs $759.99.