Horizon Zero Dawn for PC may have gotten off to a rocky start, but Guerilla Games has been working very diligently in getting patches out. It is always refreshing to see a developer continue with support for a game that is ported over to the PC from consoles. The latest patch, 1.04, adds further optimizations and crash fixes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when users would create a new game and their save game slots were full
- Fixed a startup crash related to the temp folder
- Fixed an AI crash that could occur during combat
- Fixed an AI crash in the EventMessageHandler
- Fixed a crash related to WorldData sampling (the callstack would end in WorldMapData::SampleAtPixel)
- Fixed a crash when users would instantly back out when changing sliders in the Settings menu
- Fixed a crash that would occur when having the “Greetings” option open in photo mode and then exiting
- Potential fix for memory corruption in AI routines which could lead to crashes
- Potential fix for a GPU hang caused by a threading issue
- Fixed a mismatch that would occur on Shader Model 6.0 and 6.1 hardware which could lead to a crash
- General improvement to CPU performance (depending on CPU/GPU speeds, this can result in a 1-10% performance improvement)
- Improved performance of camera cuts in cinematics and conversations
- HDR – Fixed color banding issues in HDR mode
- Mouse Controls – Fixed an issue where mouse sensitivity was incorrect when framerate wasn’t constant
- Aiming – Fixed an issue where Aloy was unable to shoot while being able to do a critical attack near a machine
- Cutscenes – Fixed an issue where geometry and textures would pop in after camera cuts
- Adaptive Performance – Fixed an issue where lighting glitches would occur when turning on Adaptive Performance
- Volumetrics – Fixed an issue which could cause blinking artifacts in volumetric effects, like fog
- Visibility – Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause geometry to briefly disappear after streaming
Known issues still being worked on
- Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- Some players are experiencing issues with Aloy’s hair when the game is running above 30 FPS.
- We’re aware of and continue to investigate issues that are not yet solved on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!