For some reason, Sony has decided that it’ll be shipping PlayStation 5 accessories weeks before the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition consoles debut on November 12. Gamers who can’t wait to get a feel for the new console can grab a DualSense controller on October 30. Other accessories, which include the Pulse 3D Wireless Headset, Media Remote, DualSense Charging Station, and HD Camera, will also be available on that date.
The new date can be confirmed at Target, which shows a release date of Friday, October 30 for the aforementioned accessories. Strangely, the dates haven’t been updated yet by other retail giants like Amazon and Best Buy, so it’s possible that this could be some kind of exclusive arrangement that Sony made with Target.
In any case, some of us are excited about getting our hands on the DualSense early to see how well it works as a PC controller. While Microsoft’s Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 is our general go-to for titles that don’t play well with a keyboard/mouse, the DualShock 4 has served very well for fighting games thanks to its smoother D-pad.
It’s unclear whether the DualSense is compatible with Sony’s DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, but we’re guessing that some level of support should be possible through a wired connection.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Specifications Confirmed: 4,864 CUDA Cores, 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM
- NVIDIA’s New GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU (RTX 3070 Ti?) Is Reportedly a 320-Watt Response to AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XL
- Viking City Builder Is the First RTS with Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0
- CORSAIR 4000D Tempered Glass Case Review
- VR Nirvana: Samsung and Stanford Create 10,000-PPI OLED Display