Something that we’ve all been wondering is whether CD PROJEKT RED will be crazy enough to delay Cyberpunk 2077 again, but one redditor’s surprise discovery suggests that the highly anticipated sci-fi action RPG will definitely make its December 10 release date. An r/cyberpunkgame user has shared a photo of a sealed copy of the PlayStation 4 version, proving that the game is out in the wild and ready for last-gen console owners.
The image suggested that a few lucky folks out there (who don’t have industry connections) might already be enjoying the game. That jealousy-inducing possibility has since been proven by a leaked video (via Twisted Voxel and NeoGAF) comprising 20 minutes of gameplay footage, which gives us our first look at how the cutting-edge title looks on weaker hardware.
The footage reportedly shows Cyberpunk 2077’s main menu, character creation, lifepath options, and plenty of opening gameplay sequences.
“As far as we can tell, there is no day one patch available for the PS4 version so this is allegedly the ‘Gold’ master copy that was sent to factories before the game was delayed again,” Voxel notes. “Any of the fixes since then will be deployed through a day one update on all platforms.”
- id Software Working on New VR Game
- AMD Navi 31 GPUs (Radeon RX 7900 XT?) Could Boast Multi-Chip-Module Design with 10,240 Cores and Much Improved Ray Tracing
- No Time to Die, A Quiet Place Part II, and Other Blockbusters Receive New Release Dates
- System Shock Remake Pre-Orders and Final Demo Coming Next Month
- Tencent Buys Majority Stake in Don’t Starve Developer Klei Entertainment