Portkey Games has shared the disappointing news that Avalanche Software’s open-world Harry Potter RPG, Hogwarts Legacy, has been delayed to 2022. The publisher made the announcement on Twitter, noting that the developers needed more time to craft an experience worthy of the Wizarding World fantasy franchise.
“We would like to thank fans from around the world on the tremendous reaction to the announcement of Hogwarts Legacy from our Portkey Games label,” the publisher tweeted. “Creating the best possible experience for all of the Wizarding World and gaming fans is paramount to us so we are giving the game the time it needs.”
“Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books,” a description on the official site reads. “Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.”
- Blizzard’s Vicarious Visions Reportedly Working on Diablo II Remake
- Intel Doesn’t Expect to Outsource Its First 7-Nanometer Processors, Which Are Set for Release in 2023
- Blizzard Assimilates Tony Hawk and Crash Bandicoot Studio Vicarious Visions
- Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 Released with Memory Usage Improvements, Crash Fixes, and More
- Xbox Owners Can Finally Enjoy YouTube with HDR