Following a brief teaser from earlier this month, MSI has officially launched its lineup of Intel 500 Series motherboards for 11th Gen Core “Rocket Lake-S” processors, which comprise new models in the MEG, MPG, MAG, and PRO series. You can check out many of these options and their unique features at MSI’s new and extensive landing page, but something that the entire Z590 series has in common are upgraded VRM power designs, higher-quality materials, and many of the latest connectivity standards such as Lightning USB 20G (USB 3.2 Gen2x2) and Thunderbolt 4.
“MEG Z590 GODLIKE features direct 20 phases with 90A SPS, while MEG Z590I UNIFY has direct 8 phases with 90A SPS,” MSI explained in its press release. “For other MEG Series motherboards, they will have 16 phases with 90A SPS with Mirrored Power Arrangement.”
“Also, MSI Z590 motherboards are built with at least 6 layers with 2oz thickened copper. For more reliable circuit transmission, MEG ATX motherboards going up to 8 layers, and MEG Z590I UNIFY will have 10 layers. To offer better gaming experience, all of MSI Gaming Series are server grade level PCB.”
MSI hasn’t launched the site for its flagship MEG Z590 GODLIKE motherboard yet, which is probably what a lot of fans are interested in, but the company did share quite a bit about the SKU right below it, the MEG Z590 ACE. This is an equally striking black motherboard packed with premium features such as a 16+2+1 phase digital PWM, an aluminum cover and heavy aluminum backplate for enhanced cooling, four M.2 slots covered with M.2 Shield Frozr, and 2.5G LAN. You can check out a video and overview of the motherboard below, as well as a small gallery of MSI’s other offerings.
MEG Z590 ACE Overview
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5600(OC) MHz
- Dual Thunderbolt 4 ports: Thunderbolt USB-C at true 40 Gb/s speeds, 8K display support, Daisy-Chaining and Multi-Port Accessory Architecture provide reliable connectivity and better user experience.
- Quadruple M.2 Connectors: Onboard 4x M.2 connectors for the maximum storage performance with one Lightning Gen 4 solution. Shield Frozr design keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Extreme Power Design: INTERSIL digital PWM, 16+2+1 phases with 90A Smart Power Stage, dual CPU power connectors and exclusive Mirrored Power Arrangement to unleash the true power of your processors.
- Outstanding Cooling Solution: Aluminum Cover, VRM Heat-pipe, 7W/mK thermal pads, M.2 Shield Frozr and Aluminum Backplate ensure the extreme performance with low temp.
- 2.5G LAN with latest Wi-Fi 6E: Onboard 2.5G LAN with LAN manager and latest Wi-Fi 6E solution which supports 6GHz spectrum delivering the best online gaming experience.
- Smart Button: One button with multiple hardware control. Reset Computer, Safe Boot, Turbo Fan and EZ LED control functions with just one click.
- 8 Layer PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper: Provides higher performance and long-lasting system stability without any compromise.
- Audio Boost 5 HD: Ultimate audio solution with latest premium ALC4082 audio processor combining ESS audio DAC and amplifier deliver the breathtaking experience.