PlayStation 5 owners who haven’t grown to love Sony’s first-party DualSense controller now have a handful of alternatives.
As detailed in a press release shared today, SCUF Gaming has launched the world’s first third-party controllers for PS5: the Reflex, Reflex Pro, and the Reflex FPS (a special model designed specifically for first-person shooters). All of these controllers feature a paddle control system that allows players to easily remap buttons to a more practical and easier-to-reach location.
SCUF on the paddle control system and special features of the Reflex FPS model:
All three Reflex models feature four removable back control paddles, programmable directly on the controller and toggled through at the press of a button. Paddle profiles make it easy to fine-tune controller settings and save them for different games. No pause in gameplay, remapping tool, or software app is required. Reflex and Reflex Pro feature the DualSense ‘s adaptive triggers, giving gamers the ability to experience immersive PlayStation 5 gameplay alongside the SCUF control advantage.
For fans of first-person shooters such as Call of Duty or Destiny, the Reflex FPS model features high-performance grip along with instant bumpers and instant triggers – eliminating trigger pull and offering a one-tap motion similar to a mouse click for advanced speed, ideal for fast-paced shooters. Reflex FPS also comes without force feedback motors or adaptive triggers, creating a lightweight controller that removes unwanted vibrations while playing, so you can keep your aim on point at all times.
A complete list of the SCUF Reflex, Reflex Pro, and Reflex FPS’ features, per SCUF:
- Four rear, remappable paddles that can be configured to 12 functions
- Profile Switch allows you to save three remapping configurations for different games
- Adaptive triggers, from the PS5 DualSense controller, changes force and tension to improve in-game immersion (Reflex and Reflex Pro only)
- High-performance grip for advanced comfort and endurance (Reflex Pro and Reflex FPS only)
- Instant triggers and bumpers alleviate pull distance for faster activations (Reflex FPS Only)
- Wireless connectivity to play comfortably from a distance
- Improved thumbstick design and material for more grip and durability
- Interchangeable thumbstick options, including long, short, domed, and conclave, for optimized fit
- Removable faceplate trim to swap colors and thumbsticks easier
- Anti-friction rings for smoother, more controlled thumbstick movement
- Mute your headset at the tap of a button
- Built-in rechargeable battery, charged via USB Type-C
“PlayStation fans are an integral part of SCUF’s history,” said Diego Nunez, Vice President of Gaming Marketing at CORSAIR. “They desire speed, durability, comfort, and adaptability and SCUF Reflex delivers them all. Our team has spent months perfecting the design to create the optimal PS5 controller. We’re proud to have created a controller worthy of the PS5 community that equips them with heightened performance on the newest console generation.”
The SCUF Reflex starts at $199.99, while the Reflex Pro and Reflex FPS start at $229.99 and $259.99, respectively. These controllers are compatible with not only the PS5 but also Windows (7+) systems.
Source: SCUF Gaming