Asobo Studio has shared a short blog post confirming that the Top Gun: Maverick expansion for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available for download. Originally announced in June 2021 and meant to coincide with the movie’s previous release date of November 19, 2021, fans can finally grab the expansion ahead of Top Gun: Maverick’s premiere in theaters this Friday and enjoy a number of additions inspired by the new film, such as unique livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet and three new training missions. There doesn’t seem to be any indication of the iconic F-14 Tomcat making an appearance as part of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s new celebration, unlike what Bandai Namco has delivered for Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, but the game is available now to enjoy on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Game Pass.
Per Asobo, the Top Gun: Maverick expansion contains the following:
- A “Top Gun: Maverick Edition” livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet.
- Three training missions for the Super Hornet that will allow you to master radical flight maneuvers including unrestricted take-offs, split S maneuvers, and low altitude, high-speed maneuvering through complex terrain.
- Five high-speed, low-level challenges that require utmost skill to navigate just above mountains and traverse through canyons.
- A carrier deck landing challenge, one of the most demanding operations in the world of military aviation.
- A never-before-unveiled hypersonic aircraft that can attain speeds of Mach 10 and altitudes greater than 150,000 feet above sea level.
- A mission to roar into the stratosphere.
We are thrilled to announce that, today Microsoft Flight Simulator released the long-awaited “Top Gun: Maverick” expansion. Develop the skills required and navigate the complexities encountered by actual Top Gun pilots in authentic locations including the most challenging landing – on an aircraft carrier. This offering will push your piloting abilities to the limits—and beyond.
Source: Microsoft Flight Simulator