Santa Monica Studio has confirmed that God of War Ragnarök will be released for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 9, 2022, putting an end to rumors that the highly anticipated action-adventure sequel had been delayed and would not surface this year. Accompanying the announcement is a new “Father and Son” cinematic trailer that teases some of the trouble that Kratos and his son, Atreus, will be getting into during their latest quest, as well as an unboxing video that showcases what God of War fans will find in the sequel’s Collector’s and Jötnar Editions. Both of these premium editions come in the form of a “Knowledge Keeper’s Shrine” with a 16-inch replica of Mjölnir, a “highly detailed replica of Thor’s signature weapon” that the thunder god uses in the game. A Launch Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available with downloadable cosmetics and other extras.
Jötnar Edition Knowledge Keeper’s Shrine contents:
- Printed voucher code for the full God of War Ragnarök game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.
- 7-Inch Vinyl Record with music by Bear McCreary – This includes two tracks from composer Bear McCreary.
- The Falcon, Bear, and Wolf Pin Set – Representing Faye, Kratos, and Atreus respectively, this pin set symbolizes our heroes’ family.
- The Legendary Draupnir Ring – A ring from Norse Mythology, the Legendary Draupnir Ring comes in a red cloth bag.
- Brok’s Dice Set – This dice set comes with a metallic silver finish with blue detailing. The dice bag features the Huldra Brothers’ brand.
- Yggdrasil Cloth Map – This cloth map shows each of the Nine Realms within the branches and roots of Yggdrasil.
- A Steelbook Display Case (no game disc included)
- 2” Vanir Twins Carvings
- 16” Mjölnir Replica
Jötnar Edition digital items:
- Kratos Darkdale Armor
- Atreus Darkdale Attire (cosmetic)
- Darkdale Blades Handles for the Blades of Chaos
- Darkdale Axe Grip for the Leviathan Axe
- Official God of War Ragnarök Digital Soundtrack
- Dark Horse Digital Mini Artbook
- Avatar Set
- PlayStation 4 Theme
Ryan Hurst, the motion capture and voice actor of Thor, and Santa Monica Studio Art Director Rafael Grassetti, are here to take you on a tour of the God of War Ragnarök Collector’s and Jötnar Editions. For an in-depth look at each of the items and some of the background behind their creation, check out the unboxing video.
As you’ve seen in the video, the God of War Ragnarök Collector’s Edition comes housed in a beautiful box representing the Knowledge Keeper’s Shrine. This shrine was of the triptychs that Kratos and Atreus came across in God of War (2018), depicting the tale of a powerful seer, the Giant Sorceress called Gróa, who was the first to have a vision of Ragnarök.