Ubisoft is reportedly planning to reveal multiple Assassin’s Creed projects in addition to Assassin’s Creed: Mirage during its Ubisoft Forward showcase, which is scheduled for Saturday, September 10 at 9:00 p.m. CEST / 12:00 p.m. PT.
- Project Red will take Assassin’s Creed fans to Japan, with concept art alluding to a “samurai-like assassin” protagonist that can be played as either male or female, similar to Odyssey and Valhalla.
- Project Hexe, one of the “darkest Assassin’s Creed games ever,” is set during the witch hunts in 16th century Europe.
- Project Red and Project Hexe are part of Assassin’s Creed Infinity, a project led by Ubisoft Montreal (Origins, Valhalla) and Ubisoft Quebec (Odyssey).
- Project Jade is an Assassin’s Creed mobile title that is set in China.
- Project Nexus is an Assassin’s Creed title in development for VR devices, although it’s unclear whether this will be unveiled during Ubisoft Forward.
The full list of Assassin’s Creed projects that are reportedly in development at Ubisoft:
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage (Baghdad setting)
- Assassin’s Creed Project Red (Japan setting)
- Assassin’s Creed Project Hexe (Central Europe setting)
- Assassin’s Creed Project Jade (Mobile/China setting)
- Assassin’s Creed Project Nexus (VR)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla DLC
From a Try Hard Guides report:
The first game is an extensive “deep dive” into Assassin’s Creed Mirage, which was leaked late last week on social media. Assassin’s Creed Mirage will take players to Baghdad to play as a young Basim.
Two other games, which will be a part of Assassin’s Creed Infinity are also set to be revealed. Assassin’s Creed Project Red and Assassin’s Creed Project Hexe.
Project Red will take players to Japan. Early concept arts depict a female samurai-like assassin, but players are likely to be able to play as both male and female.
Project Hexe (recently changed from Project Neo), understood to be in development at Ubisoft Montreal will take players in the darkest Assassin’s Creed game ever. It’s understood that Project Hexe is set during the witch hunt era in 16th century Europe. Project Hexe is understandably one of the more interesting projects and although I wasn’t able to report on the title until now, I did throw a slight hint on Twitter (sorry).
Another game, Project Jade will also be announced which is an Assassin’s Creed mobile title set in China in addition to the final DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
In addition, it’s also known that Ubisoft is developing a VR Assassin’s Creed title named Project Nexus, but it’s unclear whether or not the game will be revealed this weekend.
Source: Try Hard Guides