Cooler Master has announced the CK720, a new 65% mechanical gaming keyboard that features hot-swappable switches for easy customization. Featuring enthusiast-level Kailh Box V2 switches (and 8 extra CHERRY MX Green switches), PBT doubleshot keycaps, a removable top plate, and a customizable precision dial, the CK720 is available for purchase now in Gunmetal and Silver White options at retailers that include Amazon for $99.99.
- Hot-Swappable Mechanical Switches – Scratch that keyboard enthusiast itch by customizing each key without needing to pick up a soldering gun.
- Kailh Box V2 + Cherry MX Green Switches – Feel the smooth, clacky difference of enthusiast -level switches, plus extra MX Green switches for that heavy clicky actuation we love in modifier keys.
- PBT Double shot for UK/UK/TC layouts: Increase durability with keycaps made with shineproof PBT and legends that are doubleshot so they won’t wear off after heavy use.
- 3-way Customizable Dial – The precision dial gives you the tactile controls of a turn or a press, customizable via software.
- USB-C Connectivity – USB-C cable allows the fastest and connectivity with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- New Pre-lubed Stabilizers – New CM stabilizers are optimized and pre-lubed for smoother travel and minimal rattle.
- Easy-to-use Software & On-the-Fly Controls – Map 16.7 million colors to any key, customize lighting modes, and fine-tune macros
- Removable Aluminum Top Plate – Offers ease of routine maintenance and better access when changing up switches.
- Silicone Padding – Reduce any hollow pinging sounds and maximize the thock and clack with sound-absorbing silicone padding placed in two spots in the keyboard.
“The CK720 is our answer to a niche segment of the hobby that we’ve seen explode in recent years,” says Dennis Liu, Peripheral General Manager. “Although gaming keyboards remain an essential offering of our company, we couldn’t ignore the outpouring of feedback from our fans who wanted our signature quality in a hot-swappable mechanical keyboard.”
“We’re huge fans of custom-built mechanical keyboards ourselves, so we wanted to make sure the CK720 is a great stepping stone into the hobby,” Liu added. “Whether you like smooth linear switches with maximum thock, or a sharp tactile typing feel with a marbly sound, the CK720 has the ability to achieve it.”
From a Cooler Master press release:
Cooler Master, a global leader in designing and manufacturing innovative gaming peripherals and computer components, has announced the CK720, a mechanical keyboard designed to be customized with hot-swappable switches.
The CK720 is the company’s first mechanical keyboard designed for customization at an enthusiast level, especially designed for those who build and collect mechanical keyboards.
Building on the compact 65% format of the CK721 gaming keyboard, the CK720 implements several new features that enable fans to change everything from typing feel to appearance to sound.
This includes Kailh Box V2 switches pre-installed out of the box, known for their smoothness, consistent quality, and satisfying sound. If users don’t like them, switches are hot-swappable and can be easily removed and replaced with switches of their choosing without the need for a soldering gun.
In addition, the CK720 sports several quality-of-life improvements to get more smoothness and preferred sound signature out of the board: new Cooler Master stabilizers, pre-lubed for minimal rattle and smooth travel; and silicone padding on the PCB and filling the bottom plate, which absorbs hollow ping and enables a fuller, more satisfying thock or clack.