GIGABYTE’s AORUS brand is their premium line of gaming products. They cover a wide variety of niche lines. From a 15,000 MB/s PCIe 4.0 SSD, to the newly announced Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme, or the PCIe 4.0 Quadro NVMe AIC, they have solutions for the most extreme enthusiast builds. Now they are taking it a step further with NVIDIA’s fastest gaming GPU the RTX 2080 Ti.
Not content to just release an external GPU solution it also includes a world’s first. The AORUS RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box is the world’s first external 2080 Ti GPU to have a all-in-one water-cooling solution.
- GIGABYTE WATERFORCE GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11G
- GPU Clock：1545MHz
- Memory: 11 GB GDDR6 @ 14000 MHz
- Memory Bandwidth : 616 GB/s
- Thunderbolt™ 3 type-C x1
- Ethernet port x1
- USB 3.0 x3
- Video output ( HDMI x1, DPx3, USB- C(VirtualLink™)x1 )
- AC Input 100-240V ~ / 6A / 50-60Hz @ 450W
- Supports Power Delivery (PD 3.0) to charge the laptop PC
- RGB fusion 2.0 – 16.7M color synchronize with other AORUS devices.
- WATERFORCE all-in-one cooling system
This premium offering does come at a premium cost. Presently it is listed at $1499.99 on Amazon. Overclocking options are mentioned on the site since the cooling implementation does not only cover the GPU, but VRAM and MOSFET as well. For a great example of what a heavily overclocked 2080 Ti can do check out Brent’s latest review of one. Note the image from their product image the gaming box being connected to a laptop. It could be interesting to see how the latest releases featuring the newest AMD and Intel CPU’s pair with such a GPU. It is not limited to laptops but any system supporting Thunderbolt 3 type-C should be able to use it. A mini-ITX build could be a unique option for some.