File System Copy
A specific kind of test we performed is the drives performance copying large files from one location on the drive to another location. We are not transferring between drives; we are copying a file in one folder on the XPG SX8100 SSD and copying it to a new folder location on the XPG SX8100 SSD. This is a pure file copy, on the same drive. This should stress the SSD’s performance in a unique way. We tested a 100GB file, a 10GB file and a 1GB file. We are measuring performance and the time it took to copy.
We used DiskBench to manage the file copy so it can report the total transfer rate and the time it took to copy. In this first one, copying a 100GB file the maximum transfer rate was 1150.5MB/s. It took 1.48 minutes (89 seconds) to copy.
A 10GB file copied at a maximum 1218.9MBs and took 8.4 seconds to copy.
A 1GB file copied at a maximum of 2235.8MB/s and took only 458 milliseconds or 0.45 seconds to copy.
- Valve’s Source 2 Engine Could Be Getting Ray Tracing Support
- Godzilla vs. Kong Releasing Early in Theaters and HBO Max
- Blizzard Rolling Out New Version of Battle.net Launcher
- Samsung Adds AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Ultrawide Display Modes, and Other Gaming Features to 2021 Neo QLED and QLED TVs
- GIGABYTE Announces AORUS Gen4 7000s SSDs with Up to 7 GB/s Read Speed