Is there a single gamer on the planet who hasn’t played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 yet? Probably not, but as we always like to say, free is free. Steam is currently offering copies of Sega’s 1992 platform hit at no charge, which you can grab by hitting this link. The promotion will last until October 19.
“Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik) has returned, turning helpless animals into robots and forcing them to build his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg!” reads the game’s description. “But this time, Sonic has a friend that can help him: Tails! Find the 7 Chaos Emeralds and stop Dr. Robotnik’s evil scheme!”
While Sonic the Hedgehog 2 can be enjoyed these days through emulators such as Kega Fusion and Gens, the Steam version might be interesting to those of you who want to play the game via Sega’s Mega Drive/Genesis Classics Hub. Introduced in 2016, the hub comprises an old-school gaming room that acts as a virtual launcher.
“All SEGA MegaDrive/Genesis titles now launch using the new SEGA MegaDrive/Genesis Interactive Hub, with all new features, UI and Steam Workshop Support!”
- NVIDIA Isn’t Getting Rid of the GeForce RTX 3070’s 12-Pin Power Connector
- GIGABYTE Unlocks AMD Smart Access Memory on 500 Series Motherboards, Improving Radeon Gaming Performance by Up to 17 Percent
- ASRock Announces Taichi Razer Edition AMD X570 and B550 Motherboards
- Some PlayStation 5 Consoles Have a Different, Louder Cooling Fan
- Leaked AMD Radeon RX 6700 BIOSes Reveal Maximum GPU Clocks of 2.85/2.95 GHz