Uncharted, God of War, and other major PlayStation franchises are headed to mobile devices. This is according to a new job listing posted by Sony Interactive Entertainment, which seeks a Head of Mobile who will be responsible for leading the development and strategy of PlayStation Studios’ new mobile business unit. In addition to expanding game development from consoles and PCs to mobile and live services, this individual will also be tasked with adapting PlayStation’s most popular franchises for mobile devices.
• As the business unit leader, you will promote the vision, mission, strategy for mobile game development within PlayStation Studios and be responsible for driving the business unit commercial success and profitability.
• Build and execute against a mobile 3-5yr business plan, outlining growth targets, resources needs & KPI’s
• Partner with PlayStation Studios Leadership Team to develop mobile product roadmap for a 3-5-year time frame.
• Build and scale multiple game teams and product leaders to deliver against future title plans.
• Partner with the Corporate Development Team to drive M&A strategy in-line with long range plans.
• Manage existing mobile slate already in development while delivering against revenue and profitability goals.
• Build out capabilities in mobile live operations in partnership with technology, operations, studio, analytics, and customer service teams.
• Partner with central publishing teams to develop capabilities in-line with new mobile games commercial strategy.