Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, a 17-year veteran of CD PROJEKT RED who served as the game director on The Witcher 3 and head of production/secondary game director on Cyberpunk 2077, has announced a brand-new studio called Rebel Wolves.
Staffed with other former CD PROJEKT RED employees and talent who worked on titles such as The Witcher series, Cyberpunk 2077, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, and Shadow Warrior 2, Rebel Wolves is already hard at work on its debut game that, according to Tomaszkiewicz, is aiming to be “the holy grail of computer RPGs.” The title has been described as a single-story, open-world dark fantasy RPG, one that is scheduled for release in 2025.
When asked as to whether Rebel Wolves would adopt the latest trends such as metaverses and NFTs, Tomaszkiewicz replied that his games won’t have them. “It’s very simple. We won’t have them in our games. Ever.”
Studio Description (Rebel Wolves)
- Rebel Wolves is a new studio, but our team has years of experience working on some of the most critically acclaimed video games of all times. We co-created titles such as “The Witcher 3”, “Cyberpunk 2077”, and many others.
- We decided to create our own studio and run it on our own terms. Chief among them: the team comes first, always. Happy people make great games – games players want and deserve. Yes, it’s as simple as that.
- We’re industry veterans, but we’re hungry for more. We want to create amazing virtual worlds, filled to the brim with powerful emotions and unique experiences. Most of all, we want to share our boundless passion for video games. We know what players love, because we’re players ourselves.
- We’re currently working on a AAA, story-driven RPG saga for PCs and next-gen consoles. We’ll have more to share soon. Trust us – you’ll be hooked.
Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 game director launches new studio Rebel Wolves (GamesIndustry.biz)
- “We’re proud of our past achievements, but we’re hungry for more,” Tomaszkiewicz says. “We want to experiment, push the envelope, discover new ways for telling stories in the video game medium. We felt that starting a new company, where we call all the shots, will give us the freedom to take the necessary risks to fulfil these ambitions.”
- “We can’t compete with the top dogs when it comes to size or recognition, but we can provide something just as alluring: an environment where developers can think big, follow their dreams and feel ownership over their work. Of course, there’s still plenty of challenges ahead of us, but we’re confident that with the team of talented veterans we have already gathered, nothing will stop us.”
- “We want to recreate the feeling of a pen and paper RPG session, where your options seem limitless, where the world reacts to your choices, where every decision matters.”