Power and Temp
In the graphs we are comparing the total system Wattage at the wall, the results are in Watts and Celsius temperature.
The GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Founders Edition video card pulls 403W system Wattage. The MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO does naturally consume more power, but it isn’t a wide margin. It’s only 410W versus 403W, so it doesn’t mean it uses a lot of power. It does add up though once you overclock it to the max, then it’s at 429W max. Overall that is still very efficient considering how high it overclocks. These are acceptable and understandable power numbers considering the performance.
The GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Founders Edition runs at 73c GPU temperature with its axial fan design. The MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO improves upon that by maxing out at 68c while gaming, giving us a bit cooler performance. Note that the fans also run slower compared to the reference card, so it is even quieter.
When we overclocked the video card, we used a 100% fan speed which brings temps down to 47c and this is with maximum overclock. This shows how much the fan speed can change the temperature on the MSI card. You don’t need 100% fan speed though for the overclock, 60-75% will suffice and the card will not be loud.
- id Software Working on New VR Game
- AMD Navi 31 GPUs (Radeon RX 7900 XT?) Could Boast Multi-Chip-Module Design with 10,240 Cores and Much Improved Ray Tracing
- No Time to Die, A Quiet Place Part II, and Other Blockbusters Receive New Release Dates
- System Shock Remake Pre-Orders and Final Demo Coming Next Month
- Tencent Buys Majority Stake in Don’t Starve Developer Klei Entertainment